MWPHA 2017 Strategic Plan
September 2017 – September 2018
Align Capacity and Infrastructure
- MWPHA Governing Council (GC) will review and revise the bylaws, including the membership and committee roles and responsibilities, by November 18, 2017.
- MWPHA GC will finalize the by bylaws, including the membership and committee roles and responsibilities, by December 16, 2017.
Build a Public Health Movement
- MWPHA Policy/Advocacy Committee will review action alerts from APHA and will take some action (sending to all members, writing letters to the editor, posting on social media, and promoting in communities) at least once per quarter.
- MWPHA Communications Committee will work to maintain the MWPHA webpage and all MPWHA social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Listserv) on an as needed basis.
- MWPHA Communications Committee will ensure MWPHA webpage and social media platforms are kept up-to-date and appropriately used to inform members and others about MWPHA and its efforts and activities, and public health in general. MWPHA will strengthen existing partnership(s) (e.g. ImpactHub/Neighborhood Impact) by attending their community events, collaborating on MWPHA events, and participating in events when appropriate.
- MWPHA Partnership Committee will work to identify and establish new partnerships across various sectors.
Strengthen Public Health Practice
- MWPHA will host a minimum of 1 event per quarter with networking, volunteer, and/or learning opportunities.
- MWPHA will survey the listserv via the Survey Monkey platform during the month of October 2017.
- MWPHA will apply the results and lessons learned for the survey to further inform plans and activities for the current strategic plan (September 2017 – September 2018), and the forthcoming strategic plan (September 2018 – September 2019).
- MWPHA will identify and recruit professionals and MWPHA student members to provide educational and professional development opportunities.